Here comes the trick!
Originally, we wanted to create a motion-video that users could interact with rather than just watch. Our goal was to help the site visitors experience the brand in an organic, engaging way.
Here’s what we did:
- created 4 characters (dad, mom, and two kids) and hired actors to play them
- designed the set – a family dinner table
- did the photo shoot, which was one tedious task, to say the least. The actors had to play their roles perfectly since we only could do it in one take (since editing would have ruined the continuity)
- Our illustrator used markers to draw a recipe book style history of the company
- We put the illustrations, photos, and other graphic elements together
- Finally, we brought it all to motion via a custom solution (one scroll of the mouse initiated the change of the frames)
The result was a warm, cozy atmosphere recreated in the form of a web page – a classic family tea party with some croissants, cakes, and pastries provided by “Gurman Family” brand.